It is a branch of medicine that provides medical care for infants, children and adolescents, and offers a full range of medical assistance to children, which includes comprehensive screening, treatment and preventive measures of infectious diseases. Pediatrics is a broad area of study that develops daily with new information and diagnostic and treatment techniques.The Department of Pediatrics includes a wide range of physicians, including Orthopedics, Urology, Cardiac Surgery, Ophthalmology, ENT, Neurosurgery and Plastic surgery. Many things need to be treated including kidney disease, blood diseases, tumors, endocrine unit, metabolic diseases, as well as incubators for preterm infants.
The Department of Pediatrics includes several units:
Department of Neonatology: The Department specializes in the treatment of preterm infants and newborns who have congenital malformations during pregnancy. In such cases, the Department participates in the provision of prenatal counseling to parents, in collaboration with the hospital’s genetic institute.
Pediatric Surgery Unit: The department provides treatment for a wide range of patients and is specialized in the treatment of congenital and acquired surgical procedures, benign and malignant tumors in children as well as treatment of trauma patients. Examples include:
- Common congenital malformations: hernia, hernias, lumps (neck cysts) and other cases.
- Rare congenital problems: congenital obstruction of the esophagus, congenital obstruction of the intestine, congenital anomalies, diaphragm hernia, intestinal dislocation, Hershburg disease and other cases.
- Acute diseases: appendicitis, intestinal perforation, bowel obstruction and anal problems (such as anal incision, anus around the anus, Bassur in the anus).
- Chronic diseases: inflammatory bowel disease, gallstones and persistent abdominal pain from an unknown background
- Congenital tumors in the abdomen (benign and malignant): Kidney tumors, adrenal tumors, metastasis and other tumors.
- Other special surgeries: insertion of central vein catheters of various types (Port-a-Cath, Broviac, Hickman), Tankhoff catheters for peritoneal dialysis, special biopsy in patients with undiagnosed diseases, circumcision and more.
Child trauma unit: The department focuses on the treatment of trauma in children, where head injuries constitute a significant part of it. The department is responsible for the treatment of infants and children who have been exposed to trauma, which is a major cause of disease and death in children. Treatment is carried out in conjunction with the Pediatric Orthopedic Unit, Plastic Surgery, Pediatric Urology and Neurosurgery departments, in close cooperation with the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
Pediatric Cardiology Unit: which deals with children born with congenital heart defects and treats heart diseases that appear later in childhood. The heart unit also helps in treating the fetuses that have been diagnosed with treatable heart defects.
Intensive Care Unit: This unit uses state-of-the-art equipment, including the world’s most modern respirators, monitors (control panels beside each bed and central control panel), infusion pumps and injections. The sophisticated device allows for precise and complex pharmaceutical treatment, artificial respiration ideally suited to the age and condition of the child, and the tracking of vital indicators at every moment and moment.
Hematology Unit: which includes oncology and bone marrow transplantation by providing advanced care for children and adolescents with cancer and severe non-malignant diseases. A wide range of diseases treated by the department, including childhood leukemia and solid tumors. In addition, children with chronic non-malignant blood disorders (i.e. thalassemia, asbestosis) are treated for severe immune system disorders.
Children’s Neurology: Helps patients with developmental disabilities, epilepsy, headaches, movement disorders, neurological and muscular diseases, cerebral palsy and other neurological diseases that are diagnosed in our clinics. Various imaging studies are performed such as EEG, EMG and various genetic diagnostic tests.
Endocrine Unit in Children.
Department of Rheumatology and Immunology for Children.
Lung Disease Unit and Case Unit.
Cosmetic Surgery Unit.
Pediatric Plastic Surgery
We treat Large Congenital Nevi, Cleft lips and palates and other birth defects