Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit
Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit at Hadassah provides state-of-the-art care for children and adolescents with severe malignant and non-malignant hematological diseases. It serves a large and heterogeneous population from diverse ethnic and psychosocial backgrounds. The staff of the department includes Pediatric Hematologist-Oncologists, specialty trained oncology nurses, and a wide array of support staff including social workers, psychologists, medical clowns, art and music therapists, and teachers. The department is actively involved in the teaching of medical students, pediatric residents and pediatric Hematology-Oncology fellows.
Our transplant team led by Prof. Polina Stepensky and Dr. Irina Zaidman has extensive experience transplanting patients with malignant and non-malignant hematological diseases.
- Aplastic anemia
- Chronic granulomatous disease (CGD)
- Common variable immune deficiency (CVID)
- Congenital amegakaryocytic thrombocytopenia
- Congenital sideroblastic anemia
- Immunodeficiency disorders
- Severe congenital neutropenia
- Sickle cell disease
- other non-malignant hematological and metabolic diseases.
Prof. Polina Stepensky
The Head of the BMT department, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem.